Job title: Mechanical Maintenance Technician Avonmouth ERF
Job description: Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work with us. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Energy Recovery Facilities are vital in supporting the UK’s ambition to reduce waste in an efficient and effective manner, helping to reduce the impact of waste on climate change. After reducing, reusing and recycling as much as possible, our Energy Recovery Facilities (ERFs) provide the infrastructure to efficiently recover energy from residual waste, meaning landfill becomes the last resort.
We are looking for an aspiring engineering professional at our Bristol based Avonmouth Energy Recovery Facility for to join our team as a Mechanical Technician, working 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
As Mechanical Technician you will support the optimal long-term availability of the plant, to preserve the value of the assets, helping to ensure financial targets are met within the mechanical maintenance department and a no compromise approach to health and safety is embraced.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineer, and in co-operation with your Electrical and Control & Instrumentation colleagues,
Our ideal Mechanical Technician will have:
- Exposure to having carried out planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- A demonstrable track record in ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant
- Knowledge of repair methods of mechanical machinery and material within heavy process or plant industries
- Experience in working within Permit to Work and Safe System of Work environments i.e. plant isolations and safety systems
- Experience in working with Preventative Maintenance Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Some knowledge of the creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender
- A demonstrable no compromise approach to Health & Safety legislation ideally relevant to process or power industry
- Possess appropriate Engineering qualifications appropriate technical qualifications such as a City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent) including a recognised apprenticeship
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Strong team playing skills with an ability to work towards shared goals
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Ability to self-motivate by prioritising own work load when required
- Exposure to an energy from waste (EfW) facility/power stations and knowledge of the process would be advantageous and preferred
At Viridor, we invest in our people to reward them for their hard work. That’s why we have a host of company benefits available to you when you join, including an enhanced pension scheme where we match up to 7% of your earnings, depending on how much you put in. We also offer free eye tests and safety eyewear where needed, as well as a whole range of cinema and retail discounts across stores, hotels and holidays. To keep you fit and healthy, you’ll have access to discounted gym memberships, a Cycle to Work scheme and our range of health plans with Simply Health. To protect your wellbeing, we also have a 24/7 employee helpline offering emotional support and advice.
To view the role profile which outlines the person specification and full list of responsibilities, please .
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 06:49:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!