Job title: Multi Drop Delivery Driver
Job description: We are searching for a delivery driver to join our team at our Avonmouth depot.
The role of the Delivery Driver is essential to maintaining the highest level of service to our customers. As the regular face-to-face contact with the customer, you have a significant role in maintaining a positive and reliable reputation for the business.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Login in to the telematics before commencing your daily duties.
- To deliver the Company’s stock to customers by van or other vehicle as directed by Management
- To make the above deliveries timeously and in accordance with delivery schedules issued to you by Management and when required obtain signatures for deliveries
- Report any missing or damaged goods to the Customer Service team and record in the system using the scanning equipment provided.
- To maintain the vehicle allocated to you for routine items in accordance with manufacturers recommendations by: –
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks and reporting any defects to your line manager.
- To maintain the vehicle in a clean condition both inside and outside
- Ensure delivery information sheets are kept up to date and available for Full Time Relief or Agency Drivers covering the run.
- To uplift and return to your place of work any stock returns from customers, together with the relevant paperwork. Return these items to the designated area for your vehicle. Fridge returns are only to be collected if you have been advised by Customer Service to uplift them.
- To ensure the vehicle is locked at all times when left unattended
- Monitor the issue and return of delivery boxes
- Be presentable at all times and wear uniform and PPE provided.
- You must be courteous to customers and members of the public at all times, this includes when driving your vehicle
- You must ensure that your forward facing camera is fitted and working at all times.
- You must ensure that any first aid/spill containment equipment/fire extinguisher is readily available and fit for purpose
- Drive your vehicle within the speed limit, respecting other road users
- Where adverse weather conditions (or other reason) prevent you from undertaking your normal delivery run, you may be requested to undertake another delivery run or work weekend overtime. You may also be requested to work in another department of the Company when you are unable to perform your normal deliveries.
- You must be in a fit and proper state when driving a Company vehicle and must not be under the influence of alcohol or any drug likely to affect your driving capabilities.
- You must report any accident or damage to the company vehicle as soon as possible and complete an insurance claim from as appropriate.
- Before using a hire vehicle ensure you carry out a walk round of the vehicle and report any additional damage not shown on the documentation
- Use the correct fuel card for your vehicle and only use it to purchase standard diesel.
- You must not use your vehicle for private journeys unless authorised by the Transport Supervisor / Manager.
- Complete mandatory training and attend hub meetings when required.
- You are to notify the Transport Manager if you receive any penalty points on your driving license.
- Handover Process during holiday period
- Vehicle is to be parked at the hub for the Full Time Relief / Agency driver to use along with run phone, delivery information sheets, keys, fuel cards and forward facing camera.
- Vehicle must be clean inside and out and refueled.
- Full Time Relief / Agency Driver is to carry out a handover of the vehicle prior to first journey and report any defects to their line manager. This process is to be repeated when the vehicle is handed back to the regular driver.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
FLT Experience desirable but not essential.
Experience of multiple drops when delivering. Ability to navigate to new and unfamiliar locations easily.
Experience of a customer facing role.
Positive interpersonal abilities
Attention to detail
Full UK Driver’s license
Basic literacy and numeracy are essential for covering the core duties of the role.
In return we offer a competitive salary together with a benefits package.
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 22:45:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!