Job title: Office Manager
Company: Jack Lopresti MP (Filton and Bradley Stoke)
Job description: Jack Lopresti MP is looking for an experienced, motivated and dedicated Office Manager to manage his team, provide outstanding administrative support and ensure the highest quality of service for his constituents in Filton and Bradley Stoke.
As the senior member of the team, you will be expected to maintain the highest standards of work and to drive forward Jack’s local priorities. You will maintain strategic oversight of budgets and finance, ensuring adherence to IPSA’s requirements, and manage his diary when he is in the constituency. You will motivate the team and ensure a happy, collegiate work environment.
Candidates must have experience of working as a senior administrator and team manager in a small business or customer support environment. They must be organised and efficient, able to handle a diverse workload under pressure. They must be a strong motivator and have experience running a team, hitting targets, and keeping control of budgets and administration.
This is a hugely exciting time to join the team, with Parliament returning to pre-pandemic ways of working and significant challenges ahead. Jack is excited to hear from outstanding candidates who are ready for the next step in their careers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and maintain a highly professional administrative support function for the MP’s office.
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the MP informed of all relevant financial matters and liaising with IPSA on office finance.
- Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary.
- Support and manage the recruitment of staff for the MP’s office.
- Deal with security matters, keep abreast of security guidance, maintain the security system, liaise with external bodies as appropriate.
- Identify training opportunities and ensure the office team maintain and develop knowledge of relevant legislation where appropriate.
- Lead on casework, ensuring prompt and efficient service, adherence to agreed service levels and overseeing workloads for the whole team.
- Exposure and management of complex casework.
- Ensure the office is fully supplied at all times.
- Manage and mentor the office Apprentice.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with .
Closing Date: 15 October 2021
Longlisted candidates will be asked to complete a series of skills tests online, which will inform decisions on shortlisting. There will be at least two rounds of interviews.
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Please submit a CV (no more than two pages) and covering letter (no more than one page) setting out how you are suited to the role and meet the criteria in the person specification, both in PDF format, by email to
The deadline for applications is midday. Late applications will not be accepted. We may appoint before the deadline.
Expected salary: £35000 per year
Location: Bradley Stoke, Gloucestershire
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 02:57:35 GMT
Apply for the job now