Job title: Permanent Veterinary Nurse
Company: Vet Seekers
Job description: We are recruiting for a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join a small animal hospital in Chippenham Wiltshire.
This is a full-time position working Monday – Friday with a generous 1:8 weekend rota with time off in lieu.
About the role:
This is an excellent opportunity for a nurse to join a supportive nursing team and to develop and utilise all their nursing skills to their full potential. The nurse will have exposure to a variety of cases including advanced soft tissue cases, orthopaedic surgeries, and laparoscopic surgeries. They will also be able to perform schedule 3 procedures and receive full support.
There is also the opportunity to develop nurse consultations.
They are looking for a confident and committed, driven nurse with good general nursing experience and someone who can help lead the practice forward.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am until 5:00pm
- Weekends: 1:8 weekend rota
- Sole charge: None
- Team: Large Veterinary team
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Large established Tier 3 Hospital with 3 branches
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest across the branches
- Award winning practice
- Offers excellent customer service and has an excellent reputation within the community
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with expertise in internal medicine, soft tissue surgery, orthopaedic, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
The practice offers a wide variety of modern veterinary services and facilities including radiography, on site laboratory, digital X-Ray, separate operating theatre and dentistry
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will be competent in all aspects of general nursing
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Salary 21,000 – 24,000 pro rata
- Excellent CPD allowance
- 6 weeks Holiday per year including bank holiday rising with service
- Paid professional memberships
- Health and Wellbeing scheme
- Onsite free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 5947
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
Expected salary: £21000 – 24000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 22:29:45 GMT
Apply for the job now