Job title: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Company: Vet Seekers
Job description: We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Chippenham Wiltshire.
The position is full or part time. Part time position working 25 – 30 hours per week. There is a 1:4 weekend rota and no ooh. Full time is 40 hours per week with a 1:4 weekend rota.
This is a modern purpose-built practice which is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and offers a wide range of veterinary services. The Vet would be joining a team of 4 other Vets, 3 Nurses and a non-clinical support team.
They are looking for a Vet who has a minimum of 1 years’ experience and ideally, they would have a surgical bias. The Vet will be ambitious and looking for a role where they can develop their own area of interest as there is an opportunity for the right candidate to study towards a certificate.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday full or part time 25 – 30 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 Weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vets 3 Nurses and support staff
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be competent in medical and surgical cases
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will enjoy building up your own client base
- You will be driven and ambitious
- You will have ambitions to study towards a certificate
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: Up to 35,000 – 45,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,200 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
Expected salary: £35000 – 45000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 07:38:53 GMT
Apply for the job now