Job title: Physical Security Manager
Job description: Physical Security Manager
Business Unit: Base Services
Location: Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
About the role
Here at Babcock International we’re looking to recruit a Physical Security Manager.
You’ll be an integral part of a nuclear security measure for a leading organisation.
You’ll ensure Babcock is effective in supporting and delivering Defence outputs, achieving and maintaining security arrangements across the Defence Nuclear Enterprise (DNE). This applies across the wide range of jobs we do in protecting our nuclear materials, information and assets. This security role is key to integrate safety and physical security policies to ensure we deliver the required security effect. As the Group lead for physical security, you will be required to deliver risk-informed, outcome-focused regulation for the physical nuclear security discipline, as well as provide SME advice to the wider areas within Babcock at Bristol.
Main Purpose of Role:
- Responsible to articulate, advise and influence Group and its projects on the relevant physical security and nuclear standards, policies and requirements, such that they can be analysed, designed, delivered and maintained in the most effective and efficient manner.
- To develop and implement nuclear security measures to protect our Accountable Nuclear Material, Defence Nuclear Information and Defence Nuclear Assets, to meet the requirements of the Defence Nuclear Security Regulator and other legislation, including our international protocols and bilateral agreements.
- Understand, articulate and provide evidence, arguments and claims that the requirements for security across the lifecycles of nuclear assets are effective and optimised through life. This should be employed for new, replacement or refurbished facilities; manufacturing processes; research and development activities; Nuclear Reactor Plant sub-systems; supporting infrastructure and transport containers or platforms, at the beginning of the design process, and throughout the CADMID (including decommissioning and storage) cycle.
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need a Security Management Qualification, excellent communication skills and up to date with latest security practice, proven security experience/security risk analysis and management.
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
- While experience in the nuclear industry is certainly helpful, you may have worked in another high-hazard industry or within the security arena.
- Good knowledge of physical security threats, risks and understanding of health and safety practice.
- Experience of incident management and emergency planning.
- Knowledge of crime prevention and crime reduction.
- A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click . Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 08/10/2021
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Bristol Area
Job date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 02:53:40 GMT
Apply for the job now