Job title: Placement Developer – 12 Months (Based in Bristol)
Job description: We have over 1,000, that’s right ONE THOUSAND talented people that work within our Technology teams, making it our largest Head Office function.You know Next.You know our Stores. You know our Website. You even know our App. BUT do you know Next Technology?
We have over 1,000, that’s right ONE THOUSAND talented people that work within our Technology teams, making it our largest Head Office function.
Whether it’s browsing the Website or App, processing a transaction, checking stock in a Store or delivering and fulfilling orders via our state of the art Warehouses and so much more, Technology underpins everything we do and it plays a pivotal part in the success of Next.
We don’t stand still, Next Technology innovates to create, adapt, deliver and support brilliant retail solutions.
Whilst you’re on the Trainee Developer Scheme with Next Technology, you will be supported, nurtured and provided with the tools to aid both your professional and personal development and receive regular salary reviews. On completion of the Trainee scheme you’ll become a fully fledged Developer and put to use the skills and knowledge you’ll have gained over the last 18 months.
About the Team
We have just set up a brand new squad in Bristol that is an extension of our eCommerce team. Working on 72 international sites and market leading mobile apps, they play a key part in the success of our online presence.
About the Role
- Be involved in the full lifecycle development including (analysis, design, deployment etc)
- Provide analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms, translating business requirements into code
- Develop new concepts, testing, deploying and supporting the multitude of applications used by our business
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues
- Have the flexibility to provide additional support when required by project work, key events, peak periods etc.
- On target to achieve a 2:1 or 1st Class Degree in a STEM course
- Be self motivated and have the desire to learn
- Flexible and be able to support an ever changing environment
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
Expected salary: £21458 per year
Job date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 07:36:46 GMT
Apply for the job