Job title: Project Manager
Job description: We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Job title: Project Manager
We are leading solution providers to the Police, Criminal Justice, Emergency Services and Critical Responder sectors across the world; helping to realise benefits through technology-enabled Digital Transformation.
The Project Management function within Capita Secure Solutions & Services is responsible for the delivery of IT and business solutions toward new and existing customers within our strategic partnerships.
The project manager will ensure projects are delivered in accordance with company process / best practice, to agreed timeframe, specification and within budget whilst maintaining and improving the profit margin. The holder will ensure the customers’ business benefits are achieved and the customer is satisfied with the quality of the project delivered.
The role will also require supporting the development of processes and operating these to achieve the repeatable and efficient execution of projects across a variety of technologies.
Location – Home-Based Remote with flexibility to travel to other capita sites such as Chippenham / Portsmouth as and when required.
Due to the nature of this role successful applicant must be eligible to obtain SC Clearance/ NPPV3 checks
What you’ll be doing
The holder will simultaneously deliver multiple Projects ranging in size, financials and complexity, within the following groups:
- Product Delivery Projects – implementation and handover of new and existing products
- In-Life Projects – significant upgrade and technology refresh of existing, in-service products
- Internal – IT and business support projects
The holder will be expected to have experience of all 3 of the above and to be able to move between these groups, and potentially manage projects across groups and with matrix resources, as business needs dictate.
As a leadership role, the holder will be expected to take complete ownership and accountability for their projects.
What we’re looking for
You will be a talented and accomplished project manager with commercial acumen, experienced in working with external clients on full-lifecycle projects in a matrix resource environment.
Candidates must demonstrate experience of direct financial control of project budgets. Experience of margin and markup elements will be beneficial.
Candidates should have a recognised full-lifecycle Project Management qualification. Solution delivery methods such as agile will not be considered relevant unless there is also direct financial responsibility for outcomes and deliverables.
The Project Manager will be accountable for all of the following elements:
Project Delivery – Working closely with the appointed Delivery Director:
- Set the Goals and Objectives for the Project within a Project Initiation Document
- Ensure all work is properly scoped, scheduled and costed and quality is controlled
- Ensure timely production of project invoices
- Creation and management of Project documentation including Quality, Change Management, Information Security and H&SE Plans
- Agree the overall project schedule of work including resource requirements
- Perform matrix management of a Project Team
- Negotiate for allocation of appropriate resources from across the business
- Ensure any issues are identified and resolved and risks are mitigated in advance and associated actions are tracked and reported to senior management where appropriate
- Ensure all work is executed in a controlled manner, completed reliably within allocated timescales, deliverables are handed over to customers / support teams effectively and through-life costs are minimised
- Manage internal and 3rd party resources on and off site so as to maximise their contribution, including external sub contractors, providing appropriate support and guidance where necessary
- Allocate work packages and tasks to relevant individuals, supervise execution of work and manage issues to resolution
- Produce and maintain register of lessons learned
- Produce accurate, reliable and timely monthly Financial Operational Reports for each project
- Produce regular Project Progress Reports covering key work completed and upcoming, critical risks and issues and programme financial performance
- Provide data to support the Programme Dashboard
- Produce a closeout report for each project completed, in particular identifying lessons learned
- Ensure Project Gateways are planned and held effectively and in accordance with quality process to assure Project delivery, and Project Milestones are identified and included in the process
- Ensure key Engineering milestones are identified, planned and held effectively and in accordance with quality process to ensure Technical Solutions are in line with requirements
- Chair project Checkpoint/Progress Meetings, produce subsequent minutes and progress actions
- Attend and lead when required Project Board Meetings
- Support and contribution to Process Improvements and ensure all activities are performed in accordance with the relevant company processes and agreed project quality standards (e.g. Gated Reviews, ISO20000 Service Management), procedures and policies (e.g. Information Security, H&SE)
- Work strategically and minimise ‘fire-fighting’ across the projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships to manage key internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong relationships to manage complex external stakeholder structures, be they Customers, End Users, Partners, Suppliers or 3rd Parties
- Act as a single point of contact for the project internally and externally
- Seek opportunities and produce proposals for variation orders within the projects
- Support sales effort by providing Project Management expertise to bidding activities
Education and Qualifications
- PRINCE2 Practitioner. BTech or equivalent
- Desirable- PMP, APM / PMI, ITIL. Degree or equivalent
What we’re looking for:
Essential: Demonstrable project management experience. Experience must include financial control of project budgets (as below).
Desirable: Project experience in a commercial scenario with experience of margin and markup.
Financial responsibility levels
Essential: Direct financial control of project budgets above £100k
Desirable: Direct financial control of project budgets above £1M
Essential: Communication, Leadership, Customer Facing Skills, Influencing Skills, Negotiating Skills, Finance Appreciation, Problem Solving, Conflict Resolution,
Desirable: Comfortable around Senior Management, Organisational Agility, Professional Development, Commercial Awareness
Specialist / Technical Knowledge
Essential: Excellent MS Office Skills, including MS Project. Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
Desirable: Formal Risk Management, Earned Value Management, Process Improvement
About Capita Secure Software Solutions
Capita Secure Solutions and Services are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- A company car to use for business travel or car allowance
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Location: Home-Based – GBR
, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 01:07:45 GMT
Apply for the job now