Job title: School’s Kitchen Unit Manager – Pilning
Company: South Gloucestershire Council
Job description: How you’ll make a difference
You will make a difference as a School’s Chef Kitchen Unit Manager by delivering nutritious meals to children in schools, giving them physical and mental energy, strengthening their ability to learn.
This post is term time only, therefore the approx annual salary is £11,151 per annum.
What will you be doing?
- As Kitchen Unit Manager you will be managing other member of the team, giving guidance and mentoring in line with food hygiene standards and nutrition.
- You will be required to follow menus in line with regulations and nutritional guidelines as well as cooking food at lunch ensuring the children have a healthy meal to support their learning.
- You will be responsible for ordering stock and produce as well as completing the required kitchen documentation.
What we need from you
- You will have the ability to cook for others using raw ingredients and prime cooking methods.
- You will be confident planning and prioritising your own as well as the teams workloads and resources.
- You will be able to lift/move items such as dining furniture, saucepans and provisions
- An ideal candidate would hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate and have the ability to use kitchen machinery.
- An ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of National Nutritional Standards for School Meals and of Special Dietary requirements and be able to assess and meet the needs of service users through consultation.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
What’s special here is the strength of the team ethos, the support and the training.
For this role there is a 2p per hour deduction fromthe hourly rate, in return for this we will provide you with a meal while youare on shift.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re providing essential services across our internal network to ensure we can fully support our community.
- We’re positive and forward thinking, always looking for new and innovative ways of working work and we’re ambitious about the future.
We’ve achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
For an informal discussion please contact [email protected]
The school is located 10 minutes from Patchway/Bradley Stoke and 15 minutes from Thornbury.
Location: Pilning, Gloucestershire
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:40:01 GMT
Apply for the job