Job title: Senior Engineer – Platform Monitoring & Control
Company: Hudson Shribman
Job description: Location: Glasgow / Filton, Scotland
Reporting to the Principal Engineer – System Design – Platform Monitoring and Control main responsibilities are
- Working with the naval Platform team and the supplier to resolve technical issues and queries impacting systems development.
- Working with the naval Platform Team, Supply Chain and Project Management to manage the impact of platform and system change on the PM&C scope of supply
- Working with Supply Chain to review Supplier Design Deliverables for both hardware and software artefacts
- Attending supplier design reviews and acceptance events
- Working with other parts of the PM&C team to ensure physical integration of PM&C equipment to the ship and delivery of hardware and software to support the Ship build programme
- Deliver on time and to budget a package of engineering in the form of drawings, models and other technical outputs and data.
- Carry out team planning, risk management and ensure quality in line with all requirements and processes.
- Manage and report against the team’s work programmes, including analysis of risk, to ensure the team delivers its accountabilities.
- Accountability for the outputs of subordinates and checking of their work.
- Carry out technical investigations, including technical research, and assess and provide recommendations regarding short and long-term consequences.
- Develop the team through the L&D and performance management process
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Examples: Systems, Electrical, Electronic, Software, Computer Science, Robotics, Control and Instrumentation)
- Understanding of design principles and approaches relevant to design activities
Ability to work on multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Knowledge of marine systems
- Electrical design experience
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Glasgow
Job date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 06:00:12 GMT
Apply for the job now