Job title: Senior Engineer – Support Engineering (Configuration Control)
Company: BAE Systems
Job description: Description – External
Configuration Control Senior Engineer
Would you like to be part of a team working to establish, maintain and monitor the configuration plans and baselines for products and programmes for submarine programmes? We currently have a vacancy for a Configuration Control Senior Engineer at our site in Filton.
As a Configuration Control Senior Engineer, you will have knowledge of good engineering practices and will have an understanding of the lifecycle processes and mechanisms that need to be put in place to establish and maintain configuration baselines for products, systems and supporting documentation in order to ensure that programmes are delivered in a safe, assured and controlled manner.
The Configuration Control Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day identification of technical issues with configuration, data and baseline issues and for supporting their appropriate resolution and reporting.
Your main responsibilities as a Configuration Control Engineer will involve:
- Support the development of design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality in accordance with project or business milestones by establishing and maintaining the appropriate configuration control baselines. Comply with the contractual requirements and undertake work in accordance with company, safety, environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation.
- Ensure the configuration control baselines and the processes to monitor and check them are complete, and will provide the appropriate levels of evidence for assurance, control and contractual purposes.
- Support the flow of configuration control requirements to suppliers, and the review and monitoring of their subsequent performance as appropriate.
- Support the development of estimates for the scope of work and resources required to deliver it in order to support bids, proposal development and project planning activities for configuration control and baseline management activities.
- Work with the In-Service Design Change engineering team and other members of the in-service support organisation to improve own levels of subject matter expertise, including gaining a broad understanding of project management and business processes that will be impacted by the good or bad configuration control processes
Your skills and qualifications:
Maintenance/ Engineering/ Project Engineering experience
Change management experience
Configuration management, experience and knowledge
What we’re looking for in you:
You will be proficient in Microsoft packages, data and reporting skills. You will also have good written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Employee Referral Scheme bonus = £500
Integrated Combat Systems:
Integrated Combat Systems is part of BAE Systems Submarines. We predominantly supply to the UK MoD but with smaller derivative work done in support of international Customers. Our team is responsible for system design, build and/or procurement of the major electronic and mechanical systems on a submarine, as well as provision of test, integration and support services.
Innovation is central to our DNA and has produced the Common Combat System (CCS) to address the customer’s affordability, technology and capability challenges. It is based on commercial off-the-shelf technology (COTS) coupled with bespoke military hardware and software and is being progressively rolled-out into the UK’s Submarine flotilla.
We effectively incorporate rapidly evolving, commercial technology, new capabilities and changes coming from the operational environment into long-term build, maintenance and in-service programmes.
As a ‘system of systems’ integrator we work closely with our Customer, partners and suppliers to develop and provide innovative, intelligent and value for money solutions across all classes of UK Submarine both in build and in service with the Royal Navy, ensuring our submariners always have world-class, safe, capable and available products.
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click .
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Find out more at #subsgodeeper on LinkedIn
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 02:52:35 GMT
Apply for the job now