Job title: Senior Product Owner
Job description: Senior Product Owner
Location: Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are recruiting for a Senior Product Owner to represent the product’s stakeholders and act as the voice of the customer. As the Senior Product Owner you will be accountable for ensuring that the development team delivers value to the business.
Your role will involve;
- Liaising with business stakeholders to capture Business Requirements as User Stories.
- Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions.
- Optimising the value of the work the Development Team or Supplier performs.
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Development Team or Supplier will work on next.
- Ensuring the Development Team or Supplier understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
- Operate as part of SCRUM team.
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need knowledge and expertise of Agile Development methodologies, ideally SCRUM with demonstrable experience in a Product Owner role.
We would also like you to have;
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of structured Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Familiarity with source control systems; Azure DevOps, Atlassian Jira or similar.
- Experience of implementing Application Lifecycle Management; framework and policy
Lastly you will need;
An understanding the alignment between technical applications and business requirements / needs and experience of working with an application suite covering both in-house (developed) and COTs products.
Anything else I need to know?
- Be prepared to provide out of hours support as per the T&Cs of the contract
- Be prepared to travel nationally as per the needs of the role (
20%) and hold a full UK driving licence
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Bristol Area
Job date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 22:50:56 GMT
Apply for the job now