Job title: Shift Leader
Company: Cordant People
Job description: Yate, South Gloucestershire, South West, England Engineering Posted 14.07.21 £28080 per annum
Main Purpose of Job: –
To ensure all requirements for all parts supplied to our client are produced within correct schedule. That all parts are through manufacturing processes in a timely manner ensuring we meet the production plan requirements for quantity, quality and in line with Manager’s schedule.
As a Leader being responsible for the shift personnel, ensuring they are inducted and trained, and that the production equipment functions correctly and properly in order to establish a safe and efficient work place.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and efficient manner within the parameters of current health and safety legislation (HASAW Act 1974)
- To check the parts and quantities being handled are correct to the container/pack label/packaging.
- To prepare raw materials and work in progress parts to all production areas as and when needed.
- To ensure all equipment required for production: PPE, fixtures, jigging, plates for the production are in place and in good, safe working order.
- To ensure that the parts produced and supplied are to the required quality standard, fit for purpose and function correctly.
- To ensure the parts scraped during production set up and during production runs are recorded correctly.
- To prepare the correct packaging to all machines ensuring it is clean and safe for use.
- Stock rotation – be pro-active in ensuring any products stored in production/console storage/Line 1 are issued the FIFO methodology.
- Perform Daily/Weekly perpetual inventory checks – counting items stored in areas of your responsibility. Advising Production Manager of any stock abnormalities and shortages.
- To support the goods inwards function and production as and when required in the activities of raw parts filling, break relief and any other duties that are reasonable (setting/audit).
- To check all production materials are correct to the B.O.M. at the appropriate place/location within the production are and are at the high quality.
General Duties: –
Ensure Health & Safety regulations and the company’s Instructions and policies are adhered to.
Set example of company image with high standards of personal appearance and efficiency in attendance and timekeeping, and when visiting and dealing with customers and suppliers.
To perform all other reasonable duties as and when required by the Management Team.
Goals and Objectives
To ensure that production is ran in an efficient and controlled manner and measured through the following:
- Daily Output
- Daily schedule
- Scrap numbers
Health & Safety
- Understand & carry out individual responsibility.
- Notify immediately, any accidents, near misses or hazards and assist in any investigation,
- Use and maintain in good condition, protective equipment provided for personal safety.
- Keep work area clean & tidy and free from obstructions at all times.
- Taking part in briefing sessions as and when required.
- Highlighting any information, concerns or problems, which may affect your personal, team or site performance.
- Maintaining and excellent level of communication between us and our client through the phone calls, messages and face to face meetings.
- If required by the company, introduce new employees into the operation training them as required.
- Through the PDR Appraisal process identify areas of personal and team development required, training that may assist you to perform your role more effectively.
- Develop through continuous performance improvements, customer service and operational efficiency’s
Manufacturing experience or Team / Shift Leader experience is required and full training will be given in regards to the Product
This is a Permanent position
Working hours 3-11pm shift Monday to Friday. Salary £28,080 per year
Please call Hayley Morris on 0117 3035239 to discuss this role in more detail or apply to this advert directly.
Expected salary: £28080 per year
Location: Yate, Gloucestershire
Job date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 03:19:47 GMT
Apply for the job now