Job title: Site Services Operative
Job description: Welcome to Hovis Bristol-Avonmouth. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SHHEQ (Safety, Health, Hygiene, Environment, Quality);
- Active personal responsibility for all relevant Hovis and Legislative Health & Safety requirements within working environment
- Adhere to all procedures, risk assessments and method statements and other SHHEQ systems
- Support the Operator Maintainer teams’ cleaning and maintenance activities where necessary
- Effective positive member of the hygiene team operating on Shifts or Days
- Active involvement in own development activities and in support of the development of others
Functional / Operational Excellence:
- Consistently meet or exceed hygiene & pest control targets set for the team
- Respond quickly to unplanned demands to ensure that standards of cleanliness are maintained
- Strive to continuously improve the hygiene levels of the bakery environment
- Following necessary training, cover Operator Maintainer activities if required
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 03:24:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!