Job title: Support Worker
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: 77 Gloucester Road North, 77 Gloucester Road North, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom Req #240
01 September 2021
37.5 hours per week
£9.60 per hour + excellent benefits
Being a driver is essential to the role
77 Gloucester Road North is a 6 bedded residential care home in Filton, which supports people with learning difficulties and physical needs.
We are looking to recruit a Support Worker who can offer a high standard of person centred support and is able to work in a flexible manner as part of a team. You would be expected to support residents with personal care, to encourage and support people to make choices and to access the community.
As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Ideally you will have some understanding of learning disabilities and autism and how this can impact on people’s lives and wellbeing, however this is not a necessity, as full training and support will be given.
- Be flexible with the shifts they are able to work, including early, late, occasional nights and weekends.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Lubomira Jarosova, Service Coordinator, on 0117 9699749.
***This is an ongoing advert and interviews will be held on an ah-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- 77 Gloucester Road North, 77 Gloucester Road North, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £9.6 per hour
Location: Bristol – Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 23:32:41 GMT
Apply for the job now