Job title: Support Worker
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: The Chestnuts, 9 Lodge Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom Req #135
01 October 2021
£10.00 per hour + £500 welcome bonus*
37.5 hours per week
To be a driver is essential for this role.
We are looking for Support Workers to join our team who are committed to providing meaningful community involvement and share the values and principles of positive behavioural support.
Whether you’re new to care or have worked in care roles throughout your career, for us it is about you as an individual and whether you share our
values, as we can support you to learn the rest.
The Chestnuts is a service in Yate located just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174).
Located in a semi-rural environment with both Chipping Sodbury and lovely countryside right on our doorstep, we are only a 5-minute drive away from Yate shopping centre and our local amenities.
Here at The Chestnuts we provide support to six very different individuals who, on occasions, can find life challenging. The service has three very distinct living areas to its layout:
- Meadow View: provides support to x4 men who share accommodation.
- Upper Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
- Lower Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
It is important for the people living at The Chestnuts to have support to access to their community to pursue their hobbies and to engage in activities of interest to them including shopping, swimming, social clubs, going out for lunch, bike riding and even working at a farm!
The people we support are involved in the running of the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at The Chestnuts pride themselves on providing individual support to our service users and strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
As Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable the people we support to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support them to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
You will need to be flexible, as shift patterns will include earlies, lates, mid shifts and waking nights, worked flexibly to suit the needs of the service.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Help others engage with their local community and with activities
- Have a good level of self-awareness and are keen to learn
- Manage tricky situations with calmness and sensitivity
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
We are looking for someone who is fun, flexible, and eager to help the people we support with their busy lives!
In return we offer excellent, high quality learning opportunities, including the opportunity to undertake a level 3 or 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Alongside this, other benefits include:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement (up to 26 days’ per annum plus 8 days’ bank holiday)
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation, with access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1
- Company Pension
- Competitive salary (£19,500 per annum/£10.00 per hour)
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Rachel Barnes, Service Manager, or Tina Yeend, Service Co-ordinator, on 01454 227188
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
*Welcome bonus will be offered for candidates offered roles from the 10th September 2021 and is dependent on successful recruitment and probation processes and policy.
Please note: All staff that work or have a professional reason to visit care homes/CQC registered services are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless they have evidence that they are medically exempt from the requirement, as set out in DHSC Guidance on mandatory vaccination. This may be a condition of an employment offer.
We continue to deliver safe, high quality care and support in line with Government guidance. More details of our response can be viewed here:
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all. Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- The Chestnuts, 9 Lodge Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £10 per hour
Location: Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire
Job date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 03:37:29 GMT
Apply for the job now