Job title: Trainee HGV Driver Class 1
Job description: Looking to start a new career and be earning over £32,000 after your first year?
If you enjoy driving and being out on the road, starting your journey with us as a Trainee HGV Driver could be the opportunity you have been looking for. You will get your Class 1 (Cat C+E) licence and drive our fleet of vehicles making deliveries to our shops across the country.
- You’ll start learning from day one as you get to grips with our distribution operation working with our warehouse team to pick and load stock ready for delivery to our shops.
- Supported by our transport team, driver trainers and training coach you will gain all the knowledge you need to pass your theory test.
- From there you’ll start your practical driver training and work towards achieving your Class 1 (Cat C+E) HGV licence.
- Once you have your licence your training will continue as you work alongside our experienced drivers and driver trainers making deliveries to our shops.
- After about a year your programme will be complete and you will be a licensed, confident professional HGV driver with a Level 2 apprenticeship qualification to go along with it.
This is a full time, 45 hour permanent position and you will be paid weekly. Your pay rate will rise in stages throughout the programme:
- £10.40 per hour – From Day 1
- £11.50 per hour – After obtaining your Class 1 licence
- £12.21 per hour – After 9 months
- £13.81 per hour – On completion of the programme.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 6 weeks annual leave.
- Free canteen facilities.
- A smart uniform and all PPE provided at no cost to you.
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our shops.
- You will hold a full standard manual UK car driving licence.
- You will have no more than 3 penalty points on your licence (with no DD or DR endorsements)
- Your shifts will start and end at our depot in Avonmouth, Bristol so you will need to be able to commute daily to this location.
- For insurance reasons you must be at least 21 years old to apply for this position.
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 06:53:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!