Job title: Transport Clerk
Company: Cordant People
Job description: Avonmouth, Somerset, South West, England Warehouse Posted 06.10.21 £22000 – £24000 per annum
Cordant People are currently recruiting a Transport Clerk to work for a company based in Portbury Avonmouth. This role is paying around £22,000 – £24,000 aa year but it could be more for the right person if this person has similar previous experience. This role will be long term based in Avonmouth but to start you will be required to go to Newport until the office is set up there. So being able to drive and flexible is a priority.
You will work as part of an established duty team responsible for arranging of Transport of various commodities also covering Steel Coils, Long Products and general haulage.
Arranging for the packing list for all port calls prior to the vessel berthing at Portbury docks liaising with Bristol Port Authority obtain all the required documentation, information and times as instructed/requested by your Client or Manager/Director.
You will complete all transport movement and be responsible for calculating and keying accurate Data pro-forma via third party
- Liaising with clients once new transport requests are received
- Checking systems to obtain correct transport dimensions & weights
- Creating bookings in bespoke software
- Requesting quotations from hauliers
- Forwarding of official quotations to clients for approval
- Booking transport with hauliers ensuring correct client information and paperwork is created and adhered to
- Liaising with collection and delivery contacts including hauliers on a daily basis
- Obtaining invoices & proof of delivery
- Updating & invoicing jobs to clients dealing with any internal & external account queries
- Managing KPI’s and monitor performance of hauliers & internal departmental employee
- You will obtain all the required to obtain documentation, information from our Agency department
- Be responsible for the accurate preparation, completion, T1 Customs Declaration & Delivery documentation
via third party bespoke software or Government Portal
- Communicating / Emailing the various documentation to Clients, Hauliers, Port Authority
- Prepare and complete all data input accurate information within our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’,
- Accurately calculate Invoice Sales, within on our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’,
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Clients, UK Boarder Force, Hmrc, Hauliers, Agents, Terminal
- Assist the Manager/Director in the training and support of new Employees in the role of Logistics Coordinator,
- The prompt communication of problems, in particular emergency situations in accordance with established Emergency
- Attend both offsite & onsite training courses arranged by the company to build up you own knowledge and experience.
- This may involve you working out-of-office hours, evenings, and weekends as per our department rota system or directed
by the department Manager / Director,
- Updating & invoicing jobs to clients
- Ensuring our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’ is updated in a timely manner
- Completing customer care responses within the required timescale
- Ability to work to strict timescales in a fast-paced environment.
- Writing off suppliers invoices our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’
- After having served a minimum of one full year in the industry in an equivalent position, or after having proved your competency as a Logistics Coordinator with the Company.
- Be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and within a close-knit operational team,
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be able to demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail,
- Be self-disciplined, reliable, and capable of working to set time frames, often out-of-office hours.
If you feel this role is for you then please apply now. Please apply for this role if you feel it is suitable for you.
By applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Cordant People to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies we feel may be suitable for you.
We will contact you via the phone and email, if you have been successful. Please respond to us as quickly as possible with your interest.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Good luck with your application and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV
Expected salary: £22000 – 24000 per year
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol – Somerset
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 05:05:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!