Job title: Transport Supervisor
Company: XPO Logistics
Job description: Logistics done differently.
Are you currently working in a transport environment and looking for a new challenge? Are you ready for the next step in your career? We are looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our team in Avonmouth, on our Co-op contract, on a full-time, permanent basis.
As our transport supervisior you will organise and control the daily transport operation, providing a timely and cost-effective delivery service, whilst promoting team-work in a people orientated environment. You will work on a 6am – 6pm, 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £33,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Day-to-day, you will deal with all driver-related issues ensuring that all transport legislation is always adhered to
- Hold responsibility for compliance with Company and Statutory requirements regarding Operator Licence, H&S, service quality, drivers’ hours and tacho regulations, inclusive of the working time directive
- Briefs and debriefs of drivers, including reporting and investigating accidents and incidents
- Support transport managers, planners and administration staff to ensure the smooth running of the transport operation
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- Excellent transport knowledge including route planning, knowledge of driver hour rules and vehicle/transport legislation/H&S legislation
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent people management, coaching and influencing skills
- Holder of a CPC would be preferable
Be part of something big
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO’s candidate privacy statement
Expected salary: £33000 per year
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 03:11:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!