Job title: Urgent Care Coordinator
Job description: URGENT CARE COORDINATOR – CHIPPENHAM – £11.48 TO £14.35 PER HOUR
Would you like to join a dynamic team who deliver the best possible care to patients? Are you interested in taking your next step up the career ladder whilst gaining valuable experience?
We are currently recruiting for Urgent Care Coordinators to join us on a 30 hrs per week basis, so if you are looking for a new challenge we would like to hear from you.
Medvivo is a person-centered organisation, delivering high quality services to people in Wiltshire, Swindon and Bath & North East Somerset. We provide integrated health and care services ranging from GP out of hours services, a single point of access, crisis response services and a wide range of technology enabled care solutions. We retained an outstanding CQC accreditation in Feb 2019 as an Integrated Urgent Care service.
About the role:
The Urgent Care Coordinator position is a multi-faceted 24/7 role requiring excellent communication skills, in depth knowledge of operational processes, combined with a pro-active can do attitude. The role ranges from being a responsive contact point in the Single Point of Access (SPA) to shift co-ordination for the SPA and the Out of Hours Urgent Care service.
As our operation runs around the clock, 365 days of the year, you’ll need to bring a flexible approach to working hours because our shift patterns include weekends, overnights and Bank Holidays.
If you are looking for career progression then this position will certainly offer you a unique experience with the support of a thriving team. We’ll provide all of the training and on-going development you need to be confident and comfortable in your role.
You will be at the heart of our Urgent Care team and ensure the best possible care is delivered in this diverse and exhilarating role. It can be extremely busy at times, but you will thoroughly enjoy this environment where no two days are the same.
If you are organised and enjoy planning then your day coud look something like this:
- Responsive point of contact for medical, clinical and healthcare professionals. This includes working with the ambulance service and NHS 111.
- Planning ahead to ensure people and resources are best utilised.
- Assisting clinicians to access community health teams.
- Supervising operational staff.
Skills and experience:
- A good standard of general education.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise your workload.
- Caring and empathetic nature.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary – £11.48 – £14.35 per hour.
- Discretionary staff bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement of up to 33 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays (FTE)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Simply Health cash plan membership
- Life Assurance
An Enhanced DBS will be required for this role and this will be organised by the company for the successful applicant.
For a full job description or for further information please call our recruitment team on 0800 6444 200 or email
Closing date: Sunday 3rd October 2021 (we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we have a high volume of applicants).
Expected salary: £11.48 – 14.35 per hour
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:27:14 GMT
Apply for the job now