Job title: Venue Assistant, O2 Academy Bristol
Company: Live Nation Entertainment
Job description: Job Summary:
Venue Assistant, O2 Academy Bristol
Location: O2 Academy Bristol
Company: Academy Music Group
Reports to: General Manager
Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, one year fixed term contract
To assist in all aspects of the Operation of the building in relation to events staged at the Venue. To act as a central point for all relevant parties, furthermore to disseminate such information to relevant parties both internal and external.
What it’s like to work in the Team?
Our venue assistant is an integral member of the team at O2 Academy Bristol, an established and thriving live music and club venue, where our shows and events are as diverse as the individuals within it. With a positive and supportive approach, the successful candidate will work collaboratively to contribute to our core values of excellence and inclusivity and support optimal team performance and productivity.
Who you are?
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Personal Licence holder
- Live and club music venue management
- Marketing and promotion of events and club nights
- Knowledge of the local market
- Line management of staff and contractors
- Administration and familiar with Excel and Office
- Finance and cash handling
- General understanding of the technical requirements of live and club events
- Experience of working with event promoters both local and nationally
- Understanding of licensing issues for events
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
- Good communicator
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage situations with tact and diplomacy
- Can identify problems and develop solutions
- Enthusiastic about live music and clubs
- Shows confidence in dealing with wide ranging types of situations
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
What the role includes?
- To assist all departments of the venue in general administration
- To assist in all aspects of the Operation of the building in relation to events staged at the Venue. To act as a central point for all relevant parties, furthermore to disseminate such information to relevant parties both internal and external.
- To act as Duty Manager for the Venue as agreed in advance with the General Manager and in the absence of the General Manager to assume such duties as is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the venue operation.
- To act as Academy Event rep as agreed in advance with the General Manager to assume such duties as is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the event on behalf of Academy Events.
- Booking local support acts for Academy Events and external promoters and promoting some in-house shows with General Manager’s approval.
- To act as administrative support to the General Manager / Assistant General Manager, assisting in the specific daily, weekly and monthly duties as agreed with him / her.
- To act as liaison when requested with any visiting organisations, e.g. rehearsals, film, radio, promoters, furthermore to ensure that any invoices relating to such activity are raised and paid.
- To ensure that the appropriate information in relation to any ‘event’ is provided to all internal / external staff as required to ensure effective operations.
- To liaise with the Technical Manager and ensure all venue information is available on request and is accurate.
- Liaison with all venue staff, including house management, security, maintenance, cleaners to ensure that the building / business is effective and efficient.
- On the instruction of the ‘DPS’ to act as ‘licensee’ to the building and on such occasions to ensure that the venue runs in accordance with its operating plan.
- To undertake any other duties that from time to time may be deemed reasonable.
- The booking of support bands for Academy Events and externally promoted shows if requested.
- Booking of events with General Manager approval to increase business levels
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
We reserve the right to close this job advert at any time.
Job date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:09:16 GMT
Apply for the job