Job title: Waking Night Support Worker – Chippenham
Job description: We have an exciting new opportunity for someone dedicated and passionate to join our team in Chippenham, Wiltshire where we support four males and three females across three services all very close to each other. Their ages range from 50 to 75 – offering a real variety in both experiences and personalities.
We are currently looking to recruit to a Female Waking Night Support Worker working 33.25 hours a week. Working times are from 10pm until 7.30am the next day and flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends. Due to the nature of this service we are looking for female only applicants. This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Have you thought about working for Mencap?
Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something really meaningful. Everything we do at Mencap keeps the people we support at the centre of what we do.
With us, it’s never ‘just a job’. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay.
What does a Night Support Worker do?
As a Night Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
- Personal care – supporting individuals to bed at their chosen time, carrying out regular checks and supporting them with toileting as required.
- Light household tasks as the people we support sleep such as ironing, cleaning, updating supported offered on our digital systems.
- Ensuring the safety of the house is maintained.
- Getting the people we support ready for the day ahead.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the directgov website.
No two days are never the same, sometimes they may be challenging but always positive so click apply now to be considered!
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
- To continue to keep the people we support safe; we will continue to follow the government guidelines regarding Covid-19. This means due to impending changes to government legislation it will be mandatory, unless you are medically exempt, to have had both covid-19 vaccines prior to starting work in our registered services.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C’s apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you – but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Expected salary: £17726 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 01:17:51 GMT
Apply for the job now