Job title: Warehouse Team Leader
Company: XPO Logistics
Job description: Logistics done differently.
Ever wondered what ‘reverse logistics’ meant? Now’s your chance to learn!
Here at GXO, we’re on the hunt for permanent Warehouse Team Leader to join our team in Avonmouth, working at our reverse logistics operation. What does that involve I hear you say? Our southern plant supports the cardboard and plastic recycling process as well as tray wash operation for one of the leading grocery supermarkets. Eager to know more? Keep reading!
Given we’re a 24-hour site, this position will be working 42 hours per week on a full-time basis, covering a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
Pay, benefits and more:
Now that you know what we’re looking for, here’s what’s in it for you:
- An hourly rate from £12.39
- Holiday pay
- Workplace pension
- Access to a variety of discounts including cinema and hotel deals
- Access to GXO University – an online learning platform meaning you can pilot your own professional development
Still fancy it? Keep reading to find out what you’ll do day-to-day!
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Manage and support Warehouse Operatives in the loading of empty trays onto the wash machine ready for cleaning
- Provide training and support with the unloading of clean trays from the wash machine and stack away ready for collection
- Guarantee that all KPI targets are hit and provide additional training to colleagues if required
- Ensure a hazard free zone by guaranteeing that all work areas are kept clean and tidy
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to learn something new!
- Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous
- Willing to work in an environment with lots of repetitive work
Be part of something big.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO’s candidate privacy statement
Expected salary: £12.39 per hour
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 05:56:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!