Job title: Work Placement Coach
Job description: Work Placement Coach
Post Number: REQ000376
Salary Range: £14,674.95 – £16,112.10 per annum (for a full academic year; 40 working weeks)
(Based on Full-Time Equivalent range of £20,892.00 – £22,938.00)
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
Contract Type: Permanent, Part-Time, & Term-Time Only (40 weeks per year)
Hours: 29.2 hours per week
The College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of the college and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
The College have an exciting opportunity for a Work Placement Coach at our Filton campus.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Promote the benefits of work placements to learners and employers
- Work with learners on a 1:1 basis and in groups
- Be in regular contact with employers during the learners’ placement
- Work closely with curriculum staff to monitor learner performance
- Complete a Health & Safety checklist of employer
- Track, monitor and feedback on learner progress
- Develop and maintain links with employers
- Administration and keeping up-to-date records
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Confident & enthuastic, with excellent organisation & communication skills
- A passion for developing learners’ employability skills, being supportive & inspiring
- Able to show initiatve, mediate, be persuasive, & deal with sensitive situation
- Ability to travel & good IT skills
Why choose the College?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: 05 September 2021
Expected Interview Date: 15 September 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
The College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Expected salary: £22938 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 22:00:52 GMT
Apply for the job now